07 Apr AGM Agenda
The Annual General Meeting of the Club will be held on Saturday 22 April 2017 at The Kennel Club Building, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire,
CV8 2LZ at 10.00am (Coffee from 9.30am)
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the previous AGM held on 2 April 2016 at The Kennel Club Building, Stoneleigh
3. Matters arising.
4. Hon. Secretary’s Report.
5. Hon. Treasurer’s Report.
6. Election of Auditors.
7. Membership Secretary’s Report.
8. Rescue Report.
9. Health report.
10. Report on the Club’s monitoring of its Code of Ethics 11. Officers and Committee for 2017:
- The President and Officers stand down once every three years in rotation.
This year the President position is due for election. The role remains unfilled since the passing of Mr F Whitbread.
Two nominations have been received:
Mrs Heather Head.
Proposed by Shandy Bridges. Seconded by Karen Bird.
Mr Mark Wakeland
Proposed by Glynis Sawyers. Seconded by Sandra Gatward.
Voting slips were posted to all members. The result of the ballot will be announced.
- Each year, one third of the Committee stand down, but are eligible for re-election without nomination. This year they are Mrs Sandra Gatward, Mr Stephen Green and Mrs Mary Thorman. Mrs Gatward and Mr Green stand unopposed and are therefore duly re-elected as Committee members. Mrs Thorman does not seek re-election, leaving 5 vacancies.
12. Compensation for out of pocket expenses (COPE).
David Hardy proposes, seconded by Aileen Barnard that the payments for Compensation for Out of Pocket Expenses (COPE) remain exactly the same as those paid in 2016.
- I propose that para 20 of the Code of Ethics be changed to read “Shall not sell adults or puppies to any country not covered by club constitution paragraph 24 and will not sell stock for export unless the recipient is personally known to the breeder or approved by a local veterinary surgeon or local Bernese Mountain Dog Club.”
Proposed by Karen Bird. Seconded by Stephen Green.
- I would like to propose that the number of trophies available at the Club’s two open shows and the championship show be confined to those for the main winners. Most of the individual class trophies are in very poor condition and very few are now taken by the class winners. The unused trophies would be returned to the original donors if possible. Proposed by Aileen Barnard. Seconded by Mark Avery
- I propose that with effect from 1 January 2018 that all categories of membership are increased by £1.00
Proposed by Mark Avery. Seconded by David Hardy.
- I propose that there is a change to the wording in the Constitution at paragraph 16 – CLUB ACCOUNTS:
The proposed change is that the requirement to withdraw money will only require the signature of one Officer as appointed by the committee so it will read:
“from which withdrawal shall be made only on the signature of one Officer as appointed by the committee, one of those appointed shall be the Treasurer.”
14. Presentation in 2017 of Annual Club Trophies for the year 2016.
Submission of points must be received by Mrs M Thorman, 24 Knighton Rd, Sea Rd, Barton on Sea, New Milton, Hampshire BH25 7PG (by email email@example.com) by 13 April 2017.
A form to calculate points is available from the Secretary or Mrs Thorman.
15. Meeting close.
Please note: ONLY FULLY PAID UP MEMBERS (for 2017) MAY ATTEND AND VOTE AT THE AGM
Hon Secretary: Karen Bird, 3 Nocton Road, Wroughton, Wiltshire, SN4 0TS Tel: 01793 845445 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org