15 Sep 2021 Championship Show
2020 Championship Show – Saturday September 25th 2021
We are delighted to finally bring you our 2020 Championship and Limited Obedience Show albeit affected by COVID with just a few less activities and a slightly reduced Obedience activity.
In the current climate we are delighted and extremely grateful that Royal Canin have agreed to continue their generous sponsorship of our event with donations for every class winner and Specials for the principle winners. For more details of their products visit the Royal Canin website
Please carefully note the following points as they include essential changes to our normal event practises to enable them to take place and be planned during the COVID situation. Even as things relax nationally we may still have to enforce some or all of these conditions due to KC or local regulations. Please keep checking this web site and the club’s Social media for updates and ensure you have read the club’s (Revised) COVID statement (below) prior to attending this event.
This event will take place at Priors Marston Sports and Social Club which is NOT THE USUAL LOCATION for the Championship Show and will be an outside show regardless of the weather.
Full address: Byfield Road, Priors Marston, Warwickshire CV47 7RP
Our Championship Show Judge is Sarah Peacocke and our Limited Obedience Show Judge is David Peirson.
Some General Key Information Points
All are welcome to attend this show and there is no entrance charge.
All dogs must be entered in the show in advance and entries have now closed.
Any dogs brought within the show must be either entered in the show or registered on the day, for a small fee, as a visitor dog at the Secretary’s table. Bitches in season MUST NOT be brought to this event.
There will be a raffle in aid of club funds held on the day and donations of prizes are invited and welcomed.
Please note most of our activities at our events can now take payment by card (or phone) on the day.
More information is given below and more show details can be obtained from links below, via the show schedule, or from the show Secretary Karen Bird
BHI & SH Testing
With grateful thanks to Dr Richard Irvine, the club is delighted to again be able to offer reduced rate Histiocytic Sarcoma predictive Testing at this show. This is for any Bernese that may considered for use as a breeding Bernese to help make breeding choices to help reduce the instances of this disease in our breed. You can even pay for the test as part of your show entry or pay by card on line, but the test has to be booked separately and in advance.
You need to bring documentation with you, with completed forms, so you must book separately in advance to ensure your place. There will also be the chance to see demonstrations of the HSIMS database to make the most use of your test result and ask any questions you may have about the process. Please read the details from the link below and then contact Emily as directed.
The testing and information will be available at the new BHI stand where you will also be able to buy or order exclusive BHI merchandise to help support Bernese breed health projects.
More general information on this disease and links to further reading can be found on the ‘Histio’ page of this web site
While attending our week-end don’t forget to visit Helen and the team at our Berner Shop for lots of brilliant Bernese and club goodies, including the special new Golden Jubilee clothing and merchandise.
Camping & Evening Social Event
Camping and Caravanning
Camping for tents, caravans and motorhomes will be available at the site from midday Thursday 23rd September until midday Monday 27th September.
Evening Social Event
A relaxing evening with like minded dog lovers will be held on the Friday evening before the Championship Show. This will also be an outside event.
If wishing to camp or attend the evening event YOU MUST read the information via the link below and then YOU MUST contact Lianne as directed before the deadline given.
Links to enter the show or download the schedule or entry form
Any queries can be addressed to the Show Secretary Karen Bird via email
Revised COVID 19 STATEMENT FOR SHOWS AND ALL EVENTS
COVID Safety Officer: Mr Malcolm Peter
For your own safety please read the following conditions:-
- If a competitor, or anyone in their household, bubble or contacts has Covid-19 related symptoms or has tested positive for Covid-19, they must not attend the event and should self-isolate in line with Government legislation.
- Any person who considers themselves to be in a vulnerable category must make their own decision whether it is appropriate to attend the event.
- All attendees are invited to scan the Track & Trace QR code, on display at the venue or complete the Track & Trace register daily, at the Secretary’s table.
- This will be a totally outdoor event with no wet weather facilities.
- Parking will be available as close as possible to the show ring. Exhibitors are welcome to bring their own shelter (max 3m x 3m) which may be erected by their vehicle. Please respect the direction of car parking marshals. Any shelter is used at your own risk
- Please bring your own chairs.
- Social distancing and face-covering is now at your discretion.
- Toilet facilities will be available close to the show ring and these will be sanitised regularly. The toilets in the Sports Club pavilion will not be in use.
- Please make regular use of the sanitation points around the venue.
- Ring numbers and pre-paid catalogues will be available from the Secretary’s table in pre-prepared sealed envelopes.
- Exhibitors may be asked to show their own dog’s dentition to the judge.
- The committee reserve the right to carry out random temperature checks. Anyone displaying a high temperature will be asked to complete a Lateral Flow Test and may be asked to leave and seek medical advice.
If you enter or attend this show, you agree to abide by the above conditions and do so at your own risk.
We hope that you can enjoy our events even more, in the light of the above relaxed procedures, notwithstanding your responsibility for personal vigilance and adherence to current Government advice to be found on www.gov.uk Coronavirus guidance.
The BMDCGB reserve the right to further modify their Covid-19 Statement as they see fit, and/or pursuant to new Government, Local, Venue & KC requirements. Please check this website for updates.
A copy of the Club’s full Covid Risk Assessment is also available on this website and can be viewed at our event.